View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #18
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
...What I really dislike is when the maker of the eBook is too stupid to take out the * * * for the end of the print page section breaks.
Agreed, though on rare occasions it is necessary to have two different classes of scene break and using an ornament in one is reasonable.

When working with a single short story that lacks any chapter divisions you can encounter a situation where having both normal scene breaks (blank line only) and major scene breaks (blank line with ornament) is desirable. When I encounter these I prefer to avoid the asterisks even though there is reasonable "history" of these being used in print books for centuries. I prefer to use a small graphic ornament instead. Even so, these ornamented breaks should be the less common of the two.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote