View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilis View Post
I guess it is a problem of conflict between calibre and the prs 650 regarding the "media.xml" file.
We don't know this yet. There are many people using a 650, so I doubt that there is any fundamental conflict between calibre and a 650. The fact that it worked for a while is evidence of that.
Quote:
After ejecting the reader form calibre and relaunching the reader, a error message appeared on the reader stating a similar problem of not being able to read the book list on the card.
What did you do when you got this message? What did the reader do?

If your reader is sitting there unusable because of the 'similar problem', then I suggest that you plug in the reader *without calibre running*, delete the media.xml file, and unplug the reader. At that point the reader will scan all the books on the library and rebuild a good media.xml file.

If the reader has already rebuilt the file and calibre still can't see it, then I would take the same steps -- delete the media.xml file. You will lose all collections and bookmarks, and also annotations (I think).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote