View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #25
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I just read the first chapter of this book as I walked at lunchtime....wow....I'm blown away.
It's been decades since I read The Beet Queen and, as I suspected, that novel seems not to be available as an ebook currently. I wanted to reread it after I reread Erdrich's Paris Review interview because of what she says about writing it.

However, I especially liked A Plague of Doves -- which is available as an ebook -- and would recommend that novel to people who no longer buy physical books.

Also: People who might be inclined to dismiss Erdrich as lit-fic and therefore snobbish should note she has written at least one YA novel (I haven't scrutinized her bibliography and am writing from memory, so there might be more): The Birchbark House.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-26-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote