View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 AM   #22
Robert22
Zealot
Robert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: PRS-505 600 300 350 T1 T2 Kindle PW1 PW2 KV Clara 2E Libra 2 Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It might be that the Kindle simply took a little while to index the newly added books.
I think you may have something there... I just moved a single book (converting from EPUB to MOBI) and it showed up fine, although not with a cover. This was a book that I was reading on my Sony T2, so I wanted to go that same place on the Kindle Paperwhite. A search for text kept reporting that nothing was found and that the book was not indexed yet. After several attempts and about 1/2 hour later it finally worked...

So it may be that the Kindle takes awhile for it to update newly added books. On the Sony you can see that a process is occurring after a disconnect from the computer, but there is no such indication on the Kindle.
Robert22 is offline   Reply With Quote