Thread: Audio Book?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Audio Book?

An open question for the indie writers on the board: how many of you have audio book editions of your book?

I have one, which I commissioned for a $500 flat fee, which worked out to a cost-per-word count that seemed reasonable to me. However, it will take at least 100 copies sold at Audible before it pays back, and given that I've sold 30 copies of the $2.99 eBook, I'm not holding my breath.

I really enjoy having an audio book edition, but I'm not sure it's a profitable endeavor. Does anyone else have experience with this, indie-wise?
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote