View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 04:17 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
In BD there is no command that I have ever found that will keep the caption on the same page as the graphic.
If it's a "full page" illustration, what should work is forcing a hard page break immediately before the illustration, then making sure that the illustration and the caption actually fit onto the same page. On an 800x600 screen, you should probably make the illustration no larger than about 650 pixels high. That leaves comfortable room for a line of text below or above it.

Quote:
Likewise, I have not found (although I have looked and want one) a paragraph style to use for captions that does not result in the subtitle attribute being applied to it.
I just make it a normal "paragraph" line of text, then manually apply the "centre" and "italic" styles to it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote