View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #8
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
You seem to have the same problem, so let's repeat myself.

1: Try to load the book to the card directly. See if there are still problems.
I have done that. So far the internal memory has never failed - not with Calibre and not with reading books. There are still problems with the 32 gig card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
2. As I see it, this is not a problem of PB302's compatibility with a 32 gb card, but a problem with Calibre.
Not so. As I said originally, there were some books on the 32 gig card that looked like they were there. I could see them using the PB302 menu system. But they would not load. The screen just flickered and no book contents appeared when opened. Using Windows Explorer, I could see the books on the external SDHC. They seemed ok - ie had the right size and all.

This was with 5 different books. I thought it might be a bad copy or something - so I recopied these books over (again, just using Windows Explorer). Caibre was not involved in any way.

Again, the PB302 could not read them.

Ok - so then I copied them to the internal memory (using Windows Explorer again). All books worked ok from there.

The folder in question had 8 books in it (in a Series). I had read the first 3 books in the series with no problems. When I got to the 4th one, I got the problem. I then tried all of the remaining books in the series - as described above - none would load.

I have been using the PB302 for weeks - almost certainly all of the books I have been reading have come from the 32 gig card with no problems.

I have since swapped out the 32 gig card for the 4 gig one. I will see how that one works out.

If there was a problem with the 32 gig card itself, I would have thought that I would get copy errors as I copied files onto it. Or it would slow down a lot.

Have other people used 32 gig cards without problems?
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote