View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Kobo Vox and Kobo Touch now buddies!

"Merry Christmas to myself, and my wife"...

I just went out today and purchased a Kobo Touch for the both of us.
I am just finishing up the set-up and syncing of this little gem...

Indigo has the Touch on sale now until Dec. 24 at $119.00 and nice soft covers for $20.00~

Wow...very easy on the eyes, and weighs NOTHING!

What a laugh...this TOUCH has 1GB of on-board memory, but the flagship Vox has 512MB? What gives with that!?!?!? No biggie, but I had to chuckle over it.

Having both at home now, I have to say that indeed, there is a place for both right alongside each other. For general reading of 'pulp', the Touch cannot be beat. The e-Ink Pearl display is so incredibly easy on the eyes. I'm lovin' it.

BUT....and a very large; 'BUT'......

You need a colour unit for all the travel, magazines, etc and books that have colour content (maps, pics, illustrations, etc) to fully get your money's worth from whatever publication they are in. The Touch e-Ink just doesn't give you the '100 percent' for that viewing purpose. For general reading, and with a battery life of 2 weeks (or more), or two to three full books....the Touch; ROCKS!

Well..I now have the full arsenal of reading pleasure. I now have two techs that perform excellently for their purpose, and having the two, is certainly not a redundant move on my part. In fact, I will carry the two together as a pair. If I want to read a pulp book....I'll pull out the Touch. If I want to enjoy colour content books, mags, newspapers, or cruise the Net and/or watch video/movies/...OR...merely listen to my music files....out comes the Vox.

I'm having a ball...simply a ball with Kobo!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah to all...and any other holiday observance the reader celebrates. Life is good...LIFE...is..........GOOD!

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 12-15-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote