View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #122
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Is the included patch the one that fixes the start position problem when the KF8 version is unpacked?
MobiUnpack version 0.55 doesn't technically "fix" the issue. Because the issue can't be fixed through unpacking. MobiUnpack's splitter functionality (to split the ebook into its constituent mobi and KF8 parts) has been modified in v0.55 to produce a standalone KF8 that more closely mirrors the one produced (apparently) by the KDP process (one [hopefully correct] start item). The splitting feature of MobiUnpack is basically intended for those who want to distribute their own ebooks... not for preparing files to upload to KDP.

It was also modified to stop the creation of an unnecessary (faulty) guide item that had no actual bearing on the issue that kindlegen is introducing during its conversion process.

The script provided in this thread would be considered more of a "fix" than anything in MobiUnpack (although I still wouldn't recommend uploading files produced by that script to KDP). Basically though, this issue can't truly be "fixed" from a user's standpoint. An update to Kindlegen and/or the Kindle Keyboard firmware is the only hope for a real fix. Everything here should be considered an experimental band-aid for personal use only.

In my humble opinion, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I don't think DiapDealer's produced a new version of his plugin yet.
I've been holding out because I have a couple of proposed changes for MobiUnpack.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-26-2012 at 07:16 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote