View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #12
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
The first series I remember being hooked on was Lucy Maude Montgomery, The Story Girl. I had read her other books by he time I was 7 and they were okay, but the Story Girl enthralled me. Next it was the Sacketts, by Louis L'amour. Go figure.

Another book/series I remember fondly from childhood is The Mouse That Roared, by Leonard Wibberley.

About 12 I discovered SF and it was Heinlein, Delaney, Asimov, Lieber etc. for many a year, interspersed with Taylor Caudwell, Leon Uris, and a fair chunk of Shakespeare.

The book that made me think the most is quite possibly Lord of the Flies. I didn't actually find it a fun read, but it still comes to mind on occasion.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote