View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #89
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig8128 View Post
Jack, can you (or anyone) elaborate on what apps can help manage this, and / or common apps that are notorious for doing this?

Also, is there an easier way to bring up the running apps list then <gear> -> More... -> Applications?

My wife is getting remarkably bad battery performance on her Kindle Fire; I think that at least sometimes it's because some app is using wifi. I wish there was some kind of "I'm just reading a book" mode that would quiesce everything on the device not involved with reading a book.

Craig
I am currently looking for a similar setting type shortcut but with how Amazon is using a different settings app then the stock android app finding one that works might take some digging. On regular Android you can make a shortcut to it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote