Thread: Dan Brown
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #40
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I've considered the Academy Awards a joke as far as artistic merit ever since.
Then I'd say you have a poor... sense of humor. Rocky was a great movie,
And Stallone's character was every bit as compelling and worthy as DeNiro's in Taxi Driver.
The "underdog sports champion" was a really just a framing device to the character story, and it was that element alone the later movies imitated (untill 'Rocky Balboa' which was much more in line with the original). Not the stuff that earned it it's awards.

Dan brown = Rocky II through IV
Rocky I is more like...well, whoever would rate well-above-average in this genre....

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote