View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #118
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
I take everything at face value if it's widely reported by multiple established and reliable media outlets and unless there is something inherently fishy about the story or someone reputable has challenged that information. I don't simply discount things because I don't like the implications of what the story might mean -- which seems to be the case with you and this story.
I don't think that is a fair characterisation of my responses.
I do think there is something fishy about the story, as I have repeatedly said, I don't think the 'pre-cut' numbers make sense.
You might disagree, and that is perfectly reasonable, but at least accept that that is my position.
If the story had said that they had originally ordered ~40 million for the quarter, and then cut that back, that would be believable.
Apple's dominance of high-end smartphones will continue to reduce and reduce as Android increases, that is clear to everybody, it doesn't need rumours like this to show it.
I've already said that my guess is that their Q2 sales will be below the 14 million estimate, so exactly what implication is it that you think I don't like? I'm hardly bullish on the future of the iPhone.

Quote:
If you were to come across reports in the WSJ and the NYTs exactly similar to these, but they instead say Apple doubled original orders of LCD screens, and the information is coming from multiple supply chain sources, are you really going to question the validity of the reports the way you are doing here?
If the original numbers they were claiming have been doubled were far too low to be believable, yes. If the story said that Apple had originally ordered 17 million for Q2, then doubled it to 34 million, I would cal bullshit the same as I have done here, because 17 million is too low to start with.

Quote:
Unless it's a report favorable to Apple, right? Then I suppose you would take it at face value, run it up a flagpole and salute it!
No, I don't think I've ever started such a thread, or indeed any pro-Apple thread.

Last edited by murraypaul; 01-18-2013 at 06:14 AM.