View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #56
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
... the no background image on my unit doesn't seem to exist. All the background images seem to leave something in the background.

However if I then go to Background colour and change that moving it back to black then I get a black background which is what I was after.
I have an AMOLED screen where true black = off and anything other than true black = still slightly glowing in a completely darkened room. I, too, don't have the "no background image" option, and even with choosing any of the other built in background images and setting them to black, it still isn't true black (in that the background emits faint light).

So I created an all true black, solid color background image that I have uploaded. I'm going to offer it here, for anyone else who might want it who is in a similar situation. This one doesn't emit faint light in a dark room if you have an OLED screen.

Hope someone else can find this useful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black.gif
Views:	1031
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	107513  
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote