View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #11
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Well that goes totally against their own website T&Cs: <snip info>

Last year I bought a Kobo Glo online when they first came out, and when I found that the light was too bright at it's lowest setting, I returned it to my local WHS and they refunded me the money. I had obviously used it for a few days, but just packaged it up again and told them it was hurting my eyes and not fit for purpose.
That makes perfect sense to me, and I even mentioned how if I buy it via the website I should be able to return it for a refund under the distance selling regulations, but she was still "unconfident" about being able to issue a refund and not just an exchange or credit note. She made a point about it being down to the fact they couldn't resell the Kobo once it had been opened, so they would have to have a valid reason to return it to Kobo themselves, and that would need to be a fault.

I just thought if I'm going to have to argue about it and possibly have a hassle getting my money back, I'll just not buy it.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote