View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Edit: In fact, having spoken to someone in WH Smith today, they said that even if I was to buy it online from them, I might not be able to return it for a refund even if it has the bright band along the top (which I've seen in both demo models I've looked at) because it might not be considered a fault by Kobo. And as they can't return any open models to Kobo for refunds if there isn't any fault/defect, they wouldn't be able to give me a refund. Even citing distance selling regulations she wasn't confident of giving a refund, so that's my decision made for me, I'll try a Paperwhite first, and only if I have issues with it will I go back to considering the Aura.
Well that goes totally against their own website T&Cs:

UK consumers and consumers from the rest of the European Union have the right to cancel contracts for the purchase of items within seven (7) Working days of the day after receipt of the ordered goods.

This policy does not apply to the following goods, which are exempt from the right to cancel:
  • periodical(s) or magazine(s)
  • Magazine Gift Packs or Experience Gift Packs which have been activated.
  • Digital products such as CDs, DVDs, or computer software where the holographic seal and/or shrink-wrap has been unsealed.
  • Products made to your specification i.e. personalised
  • perishable goods

You can cancel your contract at any time up to 7 working days starting the day after delivery. To do this, please contact our Customer Service team with your order number ready.

Once you have let us know, you then need to return the unwanted Products to us (preferably in their original packaging or otherwise adequately packaged) as soon as reasonably practicable.

Last year I bought a Kobo Glo online when they first came out, and when I found that the light was too bright at it's lowest setting, I returned it to my local WHS and they refunded me the money. I had obviously used it for a few days, but just packaged it up again and told them it was hurting my eyes and not fit for purpose.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote