View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #5
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
It behaves as if there's some hidden code at that point. Is that even possible? If I change the font size in the Kobo, so that the pagination falls differently, then the page still breaks at that same point — a paragraph break at the end of a five-line paragraph — every time. I've made an edited version of the epub, containing only two paragraphs — the one before the break and the one following — and it still reads with a page break at that point.
Is the second paragraph quite long? It is known that Kobo firmware, instead of splitting a long <p> in the middle (filling the current "page"), postpones it all together on the next "page". (Someone argued it is a problem with Adobe RMSDK, worsened by Kobo firmware, but I cannot confirm this lead.)

This occurs more often when the font height is set to large values (because the long <p> requires even more lines), but I personally encountered this problem even with small fonts, for very long <p>'s.

Last edited by AlPe; 05-14-2013 at 08:09 AM.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote