View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Do you have a device connected or do you have Connect to Folder active? In that case, the Library button behaves exactly as you state (i.e. the database maintenance functions are unavailable, and the button does not show the number of books).
Excellent observation.

@foomonger ignore my 2 suggestions below until you disconnect any device connected to your computer and look for the Library maintenance menu again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foomonger View Post
How do I get a menu like yours? I tried resetting to default, but it made no difference.
Two things come to mind.
1. You can try going to Preferences - Look and Feel and changing the interface font to some common font like Ariel then restart calibre and try again.

2. Start with a clean slate by creating a new configuration directory.
  • Go to Preferences - Miscellaneous - Open calibre configuration directory.
  • Exit calibre (Ctrl-q)
  • Rename or move the directory
  • Start calibre
  • Starting calibre will cause it to create a brand new configuration directory. You will loose settings and plugins but you may get your menu back. If needed you can always exit and revert back to the original directory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foomonger View Post
That's precisely my point - a current search takes you to old information, with no way to get to the correct information. I had to sign up and post to get it; is that the plan?
I have no idea what you searched for or what problem you are experiencing that caused you to search. Calibre's FAQ has references to problems that would lead you to find info and run library maintenance. The calibre manual describes the library menu and its options.

Bringing a 3 year old thread back to life is only likely to confuse current users so that thread has been sent back to 2009 and Google be damned.

Good luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-28-2013 at 09:50 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote