View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #520
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
The Foxconn workers got to their breaking point when asked to ensure that the new iPhone's screens do not have scratches longer than 0.2mm, which are impossible to detect with your eyes. That, and probably lousy treatment, forced overtime, lousy pay. The 0.2mms were just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I have not heard of Amazon dealing with Foxconn, but it could be...
I'm going by memory only, but I thought it was more than just the new iPhone's screens, I thought I read that the entire outer shell was basically absurdly easy to scratch, and people were receiving them scratched right out of the box. (What little I read of it sounded like a poor design decision to me.) I had to get a new contract on an iPhone 4 (not S) at the worst possible time in the product dev cycle, so I'll be stuck with it for a while yet, and haven't been paying much attention other than the one article I read. (So I could be wrong.)

The SO's PW delivery got moved up from Friday to tomorrow, so I should have a new data point on screen quality tomorrow afternoon.

In the meantime, my new case and clip light for my KK show up today, and I'm pretty excited about that.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote