View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #18
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdis View Post
of course there is a market for an E-Ink tablet, look at the poll above.

Because E-Ink is easier for your eyes. I dont care about the refresh rate.
You don't care about refresh rate .. but engineers do. It's a design factor my friend. It's a limitation, even if you don't care.

I believe engineers are working on a eink device that can provide color and a similar experience to what you just mentioned, but it is not ready for the market yet, at least, there is nothing like that in USA.

Also, not so sure we can use the term "tablet" here. That word "tablet" is usually associated with LCD and touch screens. I would say, an "eink device".

Anyway, based on the current trend and how market is moving, I see more companies working on LCD devices than eink ones. Just look at Amazon and Kindle Fire. People want an all around entertainment device and so far, LCD is the type of technology that can deliver that.

However, I do agree with you. It would be fantastic if we can get a true eink device, like Kindle DXG? that uses eink and provides a color experience with fast refresh rate.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote