View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 11:55 AM   #20
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
In fact, I do subscribe to Home Power magazine, and I've been interested in solar cells for the home since 1975. I've been actively investigating the possibility of applying them to my home since 2000.
JR (the actor not character) of Dallas fame got a solar energy system for his Texas ranch since his electricity bills were ~30k year and since he puts electricity back into the grid he got a 300k one-time credit from the local energy company.

The problem: he put 700k in the system and considering maintenance (not a lot but still..) it's going to be a while until it pays for itself...

As pretty much anyone outside the oil industry, I would like to see alternative energy as soon as possible, but it's not so easy...
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote