View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #18
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In fact, I do subscribe to Home Power magazine, and I've been interested in solar cells for the home since 1975. I've been actively investigating the possibility of applying them to my home since 2000.

I knew about the solar cell backlog, but not the Chinese cell production. (Apparently, based on their heavy use of coal for power generation, and the resultant choking pollution in much of the country, neither are the Chinese.) I knew Japanese Honda was gearing up for production of non-silicon-based cells, but they plan to sell exclusively to the Japanese market, at least at first.

It's definitely disconcerting that other nations that might develop alternatives to oil-based energy systems might withhold them from the US, just when we're trying to convert from oil. What's even more disconcerting would be if American concerns are blocking US interests, based on their personal profit concerns.

Say... have we digressed from the subject a bit?...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote