View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuthorGreg View Post
I'm willing to learn. I'm not in love with Word. Writing a book in HTML, though, especially fiction, seems quite a chore, one that would definitely stem creativity. But if there's something I'm missing about your method of writing, I'm all ears, my friend.
Don't stress overly about Word. It's true, that many people who make ebooks don't like dealing with word's html output (filtered or otherwise). Heck, I'm even one of 'em. But a lot of us ebook makers and tweakers also have to realize that (for the most part) we're not actually the ones writing the content that goes in the little buggers. And frankly, the expectation that writers should altogether stop using Word to create their books is fairly unrealistic. Until there's a word processing/book creation package that make perfect, clean html with sensible CSS... well... we're just going to have to get over ourselves and realize that Word output is just going to have to be dealt with for quite some time, yet.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote