Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 10:07 AM   #321
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
That will only catch the second instance in the given example, Ducks (and only those instances that immediately precede a closing 'i' tag.

Pretty hard to come up with something that will catch multiple occurences only within 'i' tags (without multiple passes anyway). I have no idea how common that word is, but it might be easier to step through each occurence one by one and manually eyeball the ones that are in italic tags.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote