Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #96
bloodlover
Enthusiast
bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've finished reading A Game of Thrones a few days ago. Not really that impressed to be honest.Above the things I already mentioned, there is one more thing that bothered me: Ned Stark.
Spoiler:
Besides the fact that he was thinking of honour before his own family, his death was really... simple? What's the point of developing a character throughout a book (or even more) if his or her death is just plain and not fit for the character?. I am concerned since I heard that Martin is in the habit of killing his characters. As much as I like The Imp or Snow, if their deaths are as plain and simple as Ned's was, I might stop reading.

I am now almost halfway through A Clash of Kings and this one seems a lot better. I am glad to see more of Arya and Snow as well as The Imp. Sure Catelyn and Sansa are still annoying and should be impaled in every chapter but at least their presence in the book is not so big anymore. One major complaint however is that I finished 36% of the book (so my Kindle says) and Daenerys was only mentioned once. It seems like the author forgot about her all of a sudden...

Regardless, I like this one more than the first book. I suppose the first book served as an introduction to the characters and world, though it was the longest I have ever read
bloodlover is offline   Reply With Quote