View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #14
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulroberthill View Post
I really don't think it's necessary to link to torrents. I found some GB roms with a simple Google seach, hosted on http so I could use wget to download directly to the Kindle!
I would normally NOT post a torrent link, but the request was for the specific version of tetris that I tested, and the parent webpage for that torrent redirects to an advertising site. So, to satisfy that specific request, I made an exception and provided a direct link to the torrent file that I used.

I agree that we do not want the excessively aggressive negative attention that megaupload got, so unless needed to answer a specific request as I did, we should not post direct links to torrents.

Which begs the question: If you think it was not necessary for ME to post the torrent link, then why did YOU publish the torrent link AGAIN inside the quote in YOUR post? Even if I remove the link from my post, your link to the torrent will remain and I cannot edit your post to remove it.

You did not say WHY you are against posting torrent links, but you did point out that with a direct URL you can use wget to download gnuboy ROMs directly to the kindle. If your anti-torrent comment is because you cannot download gnuboy ROMs directly to the kindle with a torrent link, then you may not be aware that there is a torrent client that works on the kindle (in the optware repository).

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-12-2012 at 07:13 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote