View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 03:22 AM   #137
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Ready Player One by Ernie Cline. I won't go into a lot of plot detail-- there's another discussion thread on this forum about it.
Great mix of a distopian setting, an epic struggle, and an innocent and touching young adult romance. I started it with some trepidation, since it has a major focus on video games of the 1970's. Although I was around and of the appropriate age, I didn't play video games, and was only aware of a few of the game references. Didn't make any difference, and I loved the book anyway.
Highly recommended for young adults (who also won't be aware of the referenced games, most likely, and I don't think it was written for the young adult market), since it's a great morality tale (in the vein of Shrek or The Princess Bride)-- and I think it won some Young Adult award, as well.
It's Cline's first book-- I'll grab the next as soon as I see it!
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote