View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:52 AM   #150
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Here's how the 7 inchers compare. This is from Gizmodo, here.
Thanks! That's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to see.

I've been considering a small tablet to see if it could eventually replace my e-ink ereader, and have narrowed it down to the Fire, Google's Nexus and was waiting to see what the mini-iPad offered. The huge pro of a mini-iPad is that most everything else of mine is Apple so this would fit right in and integrate really well.

I also see that it's pretty much the lightest (yay!) and thinnest (yay!) of all those listed. That's a huge plus for me. But, a huge disadvantage is that Apple decided on a slightly bigger screen - why?!? Personally, I'd love a 6" tablet, so the smaller the better. At least it's light and thin, and despite its screen size, its overall size (which is actually what I'm most concerned with) is not so much bigger; in fact, it's ever so slightly shorter than the Nexus and ever so slightly narrower than the Fire despite its larger screen size. So it seems to me, without pictures of all three next to each other yet, that Apple must've gone in the right direction of a smaller frame around the screen. Though, it could've all been even smaller with a 7" screen. Or a 6" screen.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote