View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #266
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
That was a very funny video but I am certain that there were many clips where people recognised that it was an iPhone 4S which didn't make it to the final version.

We shouldn't really use it to support our arguments!
My point wasn't that nobody recognized it as the 4s. My point was that those that didn't recognize it have seen it as being different. They expected the new phone to be faster, so they've seen it as faster. Not everybody expected the new phone to be lighter, so not everyone has seen it as lighter. Expectations influence subjective impressions.

Mind you, I'm not suggesting that this is a trait that afflicts only Apple consumers, or that this is something that happens only when looking at a device. What I'm talking about is more like this:

The two objects in the middle are the same color. Your eyes can only notice that if you cover the part where they touch with something like your finger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
I never understood that. 16:9 is more pervasive now. Its in Tv, games, movies, etc. Sticking to 4:3 just requies letterboxing for so much content.
I never understood why someone would want to watch a movie on a screen this small.

I don't really see why there should be one screen size to rule them all. I've seen this parody about the iPhone 5, and when they showed the guitar app, my only thought was: this looks really nice. It wouldn't work as a phone, but a device with that format could still have it's uses.