View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 05:09 AM   #3
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Raddatzjos,
Someone more knowledgeable than me will come by shortly and give you better information for Send to Device / Save to Disk, as applicable. I don't use an ereader so I cannot really advise there. (Luckily, Toddos got here before me!)

If you changed the filename for the files in either your calibre Library on your Mac, or the books sent to your Nook, I would think you're going to have problems because the filenames no longer match. My guess would be that you're going to have to revert the changes you made. However, I would suggest waiting until you get confirmation from a more informed user.

You might want to look into a batch file renaming program that can perform Regex functions on the Mac. As I use a PC I cannot suggest an application. I mention it because it should allow some fancy renaming to correct things. For instance, it could be used to strip those leading numbers and any spaces (sometimes multiple passes are required). This might make things easier. Be advised that regex is very powerful and one of those things you have to use sparingly and carefully - it's easy to mess up instead of fixing things.

(Calibre offers regex on book data [only] via the Edit Metadata screen, Search & Replace tab. This includes the info calibre uses to set the expected, internal ebook filename format required to make the program function properly.)

Last edited by Sabardeyn; 01-13-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote