View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #157
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAMan View Post
Umm... What I did to stop getting ToDo's from Amazon was add the following line to /etc/hosts:
Code:
127.0.0.1 todo-g7g.amazon.com
I did it not because of force-updates (I won't share the reasons btw), but I think updates came in form of "ToDo"'s as well.
Does this change have any other side effects? (and we're talking about Touch now) because what I want (well at least for now ) is to just disable automatic firmware update!

NOT that I'm not concerned about my data being sent or accessible by Amazon but simply because I had a disaster in disabling logs (ending up in a gorgeous bricked device) and I want to take steps that are safe, one step at a time!

P.S. Personally I don't like any of the methods used in this thread (yes I know they're for Kindle 3)

Last edited by thatworkshop; 02-12-2012 at 08:59 AM.