View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #12
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
You may want to go for the Kindle Touch instead, it has every advantage of the Paperwhite except the light. ...
... and every disadvantage. I use a K3 and my wife has a PW on which I've read several books. The light is nice, but I do miss the hardware buttons. I find the PW's lack of a "dead zone" around the outer edge of the touchscreen a problem. I have frequently turned pages just picking up the reader.

Quote:
So I think there are two things to consider:
1) Do you want to upgrade to touchscreen, and
2) Do you want a built-in light.
Make that three things:
3) Do you use the audio in the K3, either for Text-to-Speach or for playing MP3 audio files?

The Touch and PW both lack audio.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote