Thread: Frustration
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
Doc333
Doc333 began at the beginning.

Device: PS300
Thanks guys

I've now been moved into the Sony, which sounds like a euphemism.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever been as frustrated with something as I am with this. The software seems to be incomplete yet cumbersome and very unreliable. My problems started as soon as I unwrapped it. I loaded the software, which had me registering it with Sony, then registering yet again when I plugged it in. Then told to download ebook library, but part the way through was advised on screen to download digital editions. So ended up with 2 seperate libraries. Then the trouble of downloading books, which came through and went somewhere that took me an age to find (one at a time) click on this and hey presto it went into the library. Long process was continued download - click - delete and start again. I finished up with all my books in the library and drageed and dropped them into the reader.

But the next time I hook it up and download a few books, I have the same problem as before but this time they go into digital editions? Anyway I plough through the maze and manage to get the books dropped into the reader.

I have another 9-books still to read on the machine (It thinks I have 18 to read yet) If I can't resolve my problems, I will be deep sixing the piece of garbage. I'm no techy geek, but neither am I a novice. I suppose I was spoiled by iTunes being so simple. I've noticed that there are many, many sites dedicated to Sony ereader problems, so it is obviously problematic for thousands of us.
Doc333 is offline   Reply With Quote