View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #84
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
I think Google are trying to emulate Apple in the sense of creating a new market. Tablets existed before the iPad but it was the iPad that made them cool and desirable. At the time I couldn't see the point - you've got smartphones and netbooks for mobile use and laptops and desktops for the rest - but I was wrong. There was a whole group of people out there who use a PC mainly to consume but wanted something simpler.

I think Google want the Chromebook to be similar, somewhere between a traditional laptop and a tablet - more than a purely consumption device but simpler than a trad laptop. And by making a shiny shiny (and pricey pricey) version they are attempting to make it cool.

Again it's not for everyone but it doesn't have to be.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote