View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #31
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
[...]Combine the two, and I stand by my original (and hardly earth-shattering) opinion: I'm suspicious of that author's claims.
You're right, anyone willing to self-title as "Master Wordsmith" should hold themselves to a higher standard, but I didn't see much about the article itself that made me anything more than curious. The author was unsatisfied with the responses received from Amazon and is soliciting feedback from others, a common enough use of a blog these days (it's also a neat way of getting audience participation which makes your blog more popular, which is good marketing). Do I believe things are exactly as the author stated? No, not necessarily, this is the Internet after all, but I was no more suspicious of this blog than most others. If there are concerns it seemed (to me) to be a valid enough way to try and discuss them and look for possible reasons. And, if you're looking for possible reasons beyond what Amazon says publicly (as this article obviously was), then the verified purchase flag seems worth at least a mention.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote