Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #273
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhe View Post
I think your problem might lie with the MOBIs. I don't believe they are supported anymore with the Glo, and support with the Touch was spotty. If I have a weird problem with recent sideloads, I check to see if I loaded a MOBI, DJVU, or some other unsupported file format on by mistake, and quite often, I have. Deleting the file and power-cycling usually takes care of it.

You can always convert your MOBI files to EPUBs, you know.
OK, I visited http://www.kobo.com/koboglo/techspecs/ and found this:

Books: EPUB, PDF and MOBI
Text: TXT, HTML, XHTML, and RTF
Comic Books: CBZ and CBR

So MOBIs are officially supported, and they do work sometimes. But they've usually given me headaches on my Glo and my old Touch, anything from stopping the other books I sideloaded with them displaying covers, to crashes and hangs of the kind you're experiencing. My advice is to ditch the MOBIs and see what happens. If you're happy, convert them to EPUBs and re-sideload them.

Another word of warning: if the firmware is corrupt because the MOBIs have kept crashing your Glo, you may need to do a factory reset.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote