View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #52
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As someone who has worked in IT for more years than I care to remember, I've found that politeness and courtesy often work wonders in improving service. The squeaky wheel may get the grease but the sarcastic squeaky wheel gets moved to the bottom of the trouble ticket list.
This.

There's a difference between:
  • "This is a bug" and even
  • "This is a bug and it's unacceptable and needs to be fixed asap" and...
  • "This is a bug and the fact you didn't spot it means you are clearly idiots who do no testing"

I work in software fixing bugs and I expect and experience all three. And I don't exactly de-prioritize anyone's issue for sniping but on the other hand it doesn't help me solve the issue either. Once you've let me know the issue is important (see example 2 above) then anything else is just "noise" really. Let off steam if it makes you feel better (and subject to the board rules etc), and trust me I understand that buggy software can be very frustrating, but don't imagine it helps get things fixed quicker.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote