View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
For the Thrill of It

by Simon Baatz is a new book that was released in both hardcover and ebook format on August 4 by HarperCollins. It is the story of the Leopold and Loeb murder trial in Chicago in the 1920s. I was in B&N tonight and saw it on the new release table. When I opened the cover, printed on the dustjacket was a note that it was also a HarperCollins ebook.

I checked a couple of stores and found that Sony Connect had the best price for me (Sony Reader user) - $13.97. Fictionwise has it cheaper after the rebate if you are a club member ($11.57), which I'm not, or if you use micropay ($9.84), which I don't. The Fictionwise "you pay" prices are $19.95 and $16.96.

I haven't read the book yet so I don't know how well written it is but the story is fascinating. Leopold and Loeb tried to commit the perfect murder as a lark. Needless to say, it failed. They were defended by Clarence Darrow who plead them guilty and devoted his energies to saving them from the death penalty, which he did successfully.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote