View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #37
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
Thanks RickyMaveety - I had a problem doing that as well, but it seems to have righted itself.

Kyteflyer - do you use the OPDS2 catalog with Box?
No, I don't, and since I posted my previous, have stopped using it for more than just storing books.

I have currently got my calibre library (no need for calibre2OPDS) stored in my dropbox folder, and simply point calibre at that. So, if I make any changes to metadata, add any new books, it is automatically updated on Dropbox too, which makes it available anywhere. I don't mind accessing via the Dropbox app, or in Safari. Either way, all my books are there, always.

I found that Box.net was FAR too slow in the upload, and in spite of updates to the calibre library here, it did not autoupdate there. Sugarsync didn't either. I had to force a sync (forcing a sync on box had no effect).

So, I'm back to using dropbox which is faster and more reliable than either of the others. I've only got ab out 6GB, but even with all my books on there, plus various documents and otehr stored items, I still have 4.5GB remaining (there are only 1800 books in my calibre library, I had a massive prune of books I might never read, or books I had already read and was unlikely to repeat)

Dropbox FTW! (as they say). Mind you, I am not saying the others are no good for anything... just not for storing your Calibre library. If you never make changes to yours, you might find them fine. I am making changes quite often so I want to have the updates going through reliably.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 12-24-2012 at 04:22 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote