Thread: $13 eReader?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #25
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
Txtr, the company, has a rather bad rep in German ebook circles already, so I'm wary. Their "txtr reader" was scheduled for release in 2009, postponed numerous times, and still has to see the light of day.
Well,well, very true. After the first disaster they did start to gain ground as a business but mainly in the B2B area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
A limit of 5 books? Just plain silly. Proprietary format? Nothing I'm likely to put up with, having a vested interest in standard epubs.
If they provide a PC app that allows me to prepare my existing epubs to their format, maybe, but the way I see it, this is another attempt to tie me to their ecosystem. In that case, thanks, but no thanks.
Have to agree on that too.

Quote:
Rob Lister
The evidence supporting the bitmapped DLs is the 5 books-in-4GB limit and that ADEPT-DRM'ed ebooks can be read on it without counting as an extra authentication device.
Ah, thats interesting. Yes. That does complete the puzzle.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote