View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
AndyfromVA
Zealot
AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook 1E, K3, K4, Paperwhite 2
Nook or Kindle - Tough Decision

I've been going back and forth between the two. While my Nook 1E still works great I'd like to move to the Kindle world to take advantage of the vast Amazon catalog.

I played with the K4 at Best Buy the other day. It's a very nice machine - quick, very thin, good screen, easy-to-use controls. And the price is certainly right - $79 with Special Offers.

But I think I might miss using the touch screen (which the Nook 1E has at the bottom) to turn pages.

The Nook Simple Touch has a great feel to it and it seems more sturdy than the K4. I also like that the Simple Touch has page turn buttons and a wide bezel to put your fingers on without touching the sensitive screen. But it's $139, much more expensive than either the K4 Special Offers or the K Touch Special Offers.

Now B&N is making my decision even more complicated by offering the Simple Touch refurb for $79. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/cert...ook/379003039/

So either I stick with my Nook 1E, get a Simple Touch refurb for $79, get a new K4 SO for $79 or wait for the K Touch SO for $99. Hmmmm.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote