View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Ok, I just called Amazon. Once again, I have to say the customer service over there just rocks. Excellent, quick service. They helped me do the firmware reset which was really really easy to do (involved pushing a couple of buttons). Have we figured out if it's ok to post the directions on here?

Interesting note: As I was wating for my device to finish the reset, I was chatting with the help guy. I asked him if he had a Kindle and he mentioned that he did not because they were to expensive. I mentioned that I also had a Sony Reader and he wanted to hear my thoughts on the two.

Anyway, long story short--he is actually thinking of getting a Sony Reader now! So I'm hoping that his call wasn't be recorded!! Hey, any way I can get more people into the ebook cult is a good thing.

I think the cost was the deciding factor for him and the fact that that there are more hacks out there for the Sony.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote