View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #24
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
But there is also *rational* reassurance in buying into a dominant ecosystem because the laws of economics favor the dominant platforms by drawing in content providers. No mass market publisher can afford to ignore Kindle and its market share, for starters. Finding accessories and cases will be easier and there will be more choice simply because the suppliers can make a living even if they only reach a tiny fraction of the market.
Entirely agree with this. All my computers run on Linux, so I know it can be irritating when content providers etc don't support your platform of choice.

Not needing to run Adobe Digital Editions was also a plus for me, since I only have one install of Windows, and prefer not to use it. Having to reboot in order to authorise a new e-book and load it onto my reader would have been a real pain for me.

The fact that it's available in the UK was also a big plus over the Nook
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote