Thread: Cheap Old Palms
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 03:49 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by justzisguyyknow View Post
Sorry to dig an old thread up -- I know it's bad manners -- but this thread was the reason I joined this forum. I found it looking up info on how to stuff a CF card into my A-11, and Google sent me here. I've ordered a PCMCIA/CF adapter, but I still have one question: is there a limit to the size of a Compact Flash card that an A-11 can access? ...No, make that two questions: what is the limit? (A simple 'yes' answer wouldn't be all that helpful.) I think it may be 1 gig, but then again, I've seen clues that it might be 2 gig. (Or maybe I'm wrong completely and it's waaaay lower -- this is 1997 technology, after all.)
Unlike SD, where the format changed from MMC (1GB max) to SD (2GB max) to SDHC (??? max), I don't believe that the "interface" of CF cards has changed over the years. The only question really is whether the A11 supports the FAT32 file system. If it does, there should be no max size. If it only supports the older FAT file system, then I believe that restricts you to a 2GB max size (I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote