Thread: PRS-T2 GUIDE TO ROOT T2
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
Zorac
Zorac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
the latest AMR is great, the clock and battery for the stock reader and the launch button are perfect for my needs. all i was really going for is the clock/battery for the reader, and a file explorer.

i went a little backwards though, update, jailbreak, backup, then amr. no need for resizing or apps2sd. although the english from google translate is a bit rough, as long as you get the general idea, the packages (and the automated bat files included with them) are robust and do all the hard work for you.

regarding the reader scanning, i use calibre to upload and erase books, and i havent had a single issue with the reader not updating appropriately. if you want to use windows explorer to upload (which wont updates the reader's database automatically), maybe your better off with a different reader like fbreader (after rooting). i know there is modified version of fbreader for the t1, maybe they have updated for t2 by now? worth checking if that's the way you want to go.

regarding updating AMR, does anyone know if i have to flash the recover set before loading a new AMR or can i flash a newer AMR over my older AMR?
Zorac is offline   Reply With Quote