View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
I look forward to a day when we can purchase non-DRM ebooks as directly as possible from the creators of the works. And kudos to Neil for his " Don't Read Me" blog.

This seems like an appropriate thread to promote one of my favorite fellow Canadian authors, Cory Doctorow. For those of you who don't know Corey, in addition to being one of the founders and a prolific contributor at Boing Boing, he is an anti-DRM activist and a damn good SciFi writer to boot.

Over the years he has made many of his books available for free downloads and currently has a "matchmaking service" where he gives away a free e-book copy of his new book for each printed copy he sells.

One of his recent books, "Futuristic Tales of the Here and Now" has been made into a 6-issue comic adaptation and is available as a free CBZ download at this link:

http://www.archive.org/details/CoryD...fTheHereAndNow

Cory's website: craphound

Last edited by Fotoman; 05-13-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote