View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 06:56 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracodoc View Post
I used to try new fantasy novels by the list "The Best of the Best of Fantasy Literature", because it have detailed introductions for every book it mentioned. But many of them didn't keep me reading after several pages...maybe I was just not patient...

So I'm here to ask your guys, can you give some recommendation based on my preference?
My all time favorite are Earthsea series. I also like American Gods, Tad Williams. I read the first 4 volumes of TOR then read the plot of rest on wiki... I don't like too much A Song of Ice and Fire too...

Thanks!
Try Black Company by Glen Cook.
10 of 300-400 pages books in the series.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote