View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Kindle player build

In addition to the info in the post above:

The project looks like it has been stalled for over a year:
http://gitorious.org/kindlebrew/mplayer

But of interest (in addition to the README file) is the comment at the top of the build.sh file:
Quote:
## Prefix where alsa-lib 1.0.13 for arm is installed
## For some reason, I couldn't get alsa to make a dynamic version of
## libasound.so.2, so I copied it from the Kindle
## If you do that you'll need to create a symbolic link:
## ln -s libasound.so.2 libasound.so

ALSAPREFIX=/opt/kindle
WATCHOUT for those text files - when I cut and pasted that, it came out with CRLF line endings.
So be sure the line endings are correct!

Hmm...
Probably time for a re-build against current Kindle libraries, using the correct kernel headers (2.6.31?), if only just for the drill.

Why?
Because the SIP thread/project (and others) stalled at this same point - no output sound.

Last edited by knc1; 06-03-2012 at 08:53 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote