View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 AM   #60
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKGrif View Post
Hi, I came across your macro the same time I did Atlantis 'save to epub'. As an OOo user I would love to see this wysiwyg feature fully developed for the writer. I was wondering if the developers of Open Office are being of any assistance to you, and if there is anything that can be done to get them on board.
I don't have enought time to ask to developer, can you ask it for me?

The right way to esport (and maybe import) an epub, is a xsl filter.
I can't write this kind of filter, I'm not a programmer, and my extension is based on other people's code.

My goal is not to make a 100% wisiwig converter, but a a tool to create a good epub even from a not-so-clean text.
So, I use a pre-write CSS, instead to build the CSS based on the real styles present along the text.

Why I chose this way? Based on my experience, most of the text to convert are very dirty, full of styles similar each other, but meaningless. Even the scanned text suffers of this dirtyness.

Converting a such text, generate a dirty ePub, difficult to read and to correct, and in worst cases the CSS dimension is 2 to 10 times bigger than the text itself!

To convert a file to ePub, Calibre makes a wonderful works. To edit an ePub, there is Sigil that promises to be a big tool.
But for the rest of us, everyone wants to create a well readeble ePub with minimum effort, I write my extension…

Thanks for your support

Luke