View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #36
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
Not especially likely. By the time fluorescent tube flashing becomes a serious nuisance for me, assuming I have poor enough habits to permit it to become so, and assuming I live that long...
It has very little to do with "bad habits" and everything to do with aging. I always practiced "good habits" because I work all day, everyday with computers. I adjust brightness to conditions, set my monitors to a colour temperature of 6500 K, take breaks, etc. My eyes still went. When I complained to my doctor, his response was "Welcome to your 40's. Nearly everyone goes through this at some point between 40 and 55." So if you are not affected yet, put it off to good genes not good habits. Don't believe me? Talk to any eye doctor.

Last edited by MikeRo; 02-06-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: grammer
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote